- Responsible solutions for food loss due to storage pests.
- Control of quarantine pests associated with wood packaging material for international trade.
Protection against storage pests of foodstuff, tobacco, animal feeds, furniture, icons, valuables.
Harvests needs to be fumigated or else there shall be a modification of the ingredients with high effect on taste, smell and appearance resulting in loss of value such as in:
- Foodstuff and animal feed
- Tobacco, paper products, timber
- Carpets, clothes, wool, furniture, icons valuables
- Grain storage facilities
- Ships, trains, containers
Aluminum or Magnesium Phosphide from Detia Degesch.
Case dependent we use Aluminum or Magnesium Phosphide from Detia Degesch to control storage pests and these:
- Do not change or impair the treated commodity in anyway
- Are highly effective with excellent penetration characteristics
- Without residue problems
- Approved for treatment of stored products
Fumigation: Monitoring and Certificates
Monitoring before, during and after fumigation is standard operation in SIAD sal in order to ensure:
- Safe handling and application methods
- Proper dosage and duration of the fumigation
- Ventilation after the fumigation
- No residue levels
b) Heat treatment:
Of pallets or any other wood packaging material used for transport of packed goods across the continents to conform to the international standards for phytosanitary measures (ISPM 15)
- Wood packaging material in international trade can spread pests which can lead to serious problems around the world.
- Globally approved measures under FAO reference ISPM 15, 2002 (Internationalstandards for phytosanitary measures) has been established to reduce this threat.
- If these measures are not applied on the wood packaging materials this could lead to penalties of non-compliance and could cause the refusal and re-export from the receiving country.
Heat Treatment: requirements
- WPM (Food Packaging Material) should reach a minimum core temperature of 56°C for a minimum period of 30 minutes according to (ISPM Pub.No. 15, 2002)
- Our heat treatment unit is located in our factory in Hosrayel (industrial zone) and has the following qualifications:
- Temperature controls.
- Monitoring systems
- Computer assisted control of temperature versus time.
After the heat treatment, we provide our customers with:
- Certificate of heat treatment recognized worldwide.
- Stamp every pallet, box, crate in your cargo with the heat treatment globally recognized Mark granted by our Ministry of Agriculture under Ref. Number LB 003 HT.
- Printed graph showing heat development versus time as additional proof showing minimum core temperature of 56°C for 30 minutes as required.